Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KidrauhlM5

Phone call while driving... Your thoughts?

I recently bought the latest Top Gear Magazine and I read the Clarkson's Column, he said that phone call while driving actually reduce the chance of accidents? It's hard for me to quote from the magazine because it's too long but for those who have the January Issue of Top Gear, can read it on page 36.

Back on topic, while Jeremy's opinion is so but mine is on the other way around. Just as of last week and days ago, there are many drivers on the road nowadays are making phone calls while driving and giving a whole lot of danger to other road users. There was this car driving really slow on the right lane of the highway only realising he was on phone, recently a Silver Myvi cuts across in front of my car without giving a signal only to found that he was also on phone. Actually there are a lot more that I've experience... Forget texting while driving because that was super ridiculous.

So the thing is, is driving while making phone call is safe? Or is it safer to use a hands-free / bluetooth device instead of holding the phone? Perhaps just silent the phone and keep your eyes and mind concentrate on the road?

Discuss Wink

just get Jeremy Clarkson to come test his theory
on Malaysian road....... Twisted Evil

baru padan muka dia..... What a Face

jeremy is a lunatic.ignore whatever he said.while some of them cant be any truer, some of them can also be super ridiculous at times.

sinclair wrote:
Briefly, did he say why it reduces accidents? confused

Not really but he did say something about most people nowadays able to multitask thus finding the reason why nowadays driving + phone call clocked in less accidents. Yet he's asking for an Internet Connection in his Mercedes (which is even worse..) Razz However, he also did say that one day, the streets will be full of cars and that will cause a major lot of traffic jams. So he said, for those who are working and stuck in a traffic jam, can use a phone/internet connection available in the future cars to work. Honestly, I can see that happening since BMW already equipped the current F01 7-Series with a WiFi internet connection. No doubt...

Anyway, I just need your guys thoughts - doesn't matter how ridiculous Jeremy is because he can be very right but at the same time being very wrong.

If you drive an auto then sure no problem, not so with manual, quite difficult I must say, also when your turn signal switch is on the left, then super difficult...

The environment in Malaysia is different ie culture, weather and mentality of the drivers compare to the western drivers. Polis tetap saman.

sahama wrote:
The environment in Malaysia is different ie culture, weather and mentality of the drivers compare to the western drivers. Polis tetap saman.

This is very true.

sahama wrote:

I also agree... Post of the thread! Wink

well, some cars nowadays are fitted with bluetooth connection so you can connect your phone with your cars telecomunication system or simply can use handsfree.. so you still can concentrate driving while you talk.

Honestly I do handsfree and also typical hands over the ear...my bad..i admit it. But i sure sure enough my car didn't off course and never giving others bad time. But daily driving shows me that others also be like me and not...offf course and poke move slowly like everyone business...citt podah.
But i m stop being texting to someone while driving cause i know it easily can loose balance

When people r on the phone they drive slower. Because part of their concentration is used on the talking. Dun believe me? Have your friend and anyone talking to u casually while u drive. Loose 10-20km/h every time. While i already got over the phone while driving part, i still cannot see why people refuse or fail to signal.

From cheap cars to expensive cars. They are all the same. The meat that is behind the wheel does not know how to flip the piece of metal to go right or left.

It's okay to talk on phone and drive, doing two things at one time is not a problem. But to talk on phone, drive, and look out for police, that's three things, and looking out for police requires a lot of attention which make you pay lesser attention on driving, which is the cause of accident.

pernah kena tail by police kerana guna phone will driving. When you realise it you being watch you may sometime got panic. What I did. Throw away the phone under the seat. Lucky nothing happen. But it was a not pleasant moment. So use hand free for safety and saman